This consent is to be read and agreed to by any person who wishes to use the Dr. Derma application on whatever digital platform used by that person, who confirms that they are aware of the terms and conditions as well as to consent to using the Dr. Derma application as a means of facilitating an online dermatological consultation.
THE AGREEMENT ENTERED INTO BETWEEN THE DERMATOLOGIST AND THE USER OF THE ONLINE DR. DERMA APPLICATION.
PLEASE READ THIS USER AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE APPLICATION.
1. That (s)he is liable for the payment of the medical services provided by the Dermatologist to the patient.
2. The Dr. Derma application and the treatments/products prescribed are subject to the terms and conditions set out in this agreement.
3. The Dermatologist cannot guarantee that the consultation conducted through this digital application will result in a treatment or medication being prescribed. If you have an immediate need or an emergency situation, you must contact the practice directly or go to emergency rooms. The Dermatologist may require a face to face consultation to better diagnose or recommend a treatment.
4. By completing and submitting the Dr. Derma application form, you declare that "You" wish to use the Dr. Derma application service.
5. This service is provided to "You" through the Dr. Derma application and assessed by Dr. Derma Dermatologists, for a specified fee. An invoice showing a ICD code, Procedure code and the receipt of payment will be issued on payment and this can be used to claim back from the medical aid.
6. It is acknowledged that some of Dr. Derma’s Dermatologist tariffs are approximately 2 - 3 times more than the National Health Reference Price List (NHRPL) tariff.
7. The Dermatologist’s account needs to be settled in full before the consultation, irrespective of any contracts (s)he may have with the medical aid scheme or any third party.
8. "You" give your consent for the information about yourself, your health and your current medications including, but not limited to, the information "You" divulge as part of the Dr. Derma application form submitted to the Dermatologist, for the purpose of conducting a digital consultation.
9. Failure to settle your account promptly will result in the account being handed over to a debt collecting agency. You will be liable for all additional costs that this may incur, including commissions and tracing costs.
10. "You" understand and accept that this information may be exchanged electronically. "You" warrant and undertake that all information provided by "Yourself" in using the Dr. Derma application submitted by "Yourself" to "the Dermatologist" is correct and true and that "You" have not withheld information that "You" believe may be relevant or useful in any way.
11. The Dermatologist requires that the use of this service is available to persons who are qualified to contract. As a patient "You" must be over the age of eighteen (18) years. In the case of a patient being under the age of eighteen (18) years, a parent or guardian must accept and sign this agreement and must be present at all email, telephone, Skype and/or face to face consultations.
12. The Parent or guardian by signing this agreement accept their responsibility to ensure that all treatment protocols and any products prescribed to the underage patient is carefully taken/used/monitored and secured at all times.
13. All Treatment Protocols and products prescribed will be based on the Dr. Derma application form completed by "You". Therefore, the prescribing Consulting Dermatologist takes no liability damage arising from our consultation service or products prescribed to "You" if you have failed to supply comprehensive and complete information or through omission have submitted incorrect or incomplete information.
14. All content of this Dr. Derma application service and treatment protocols aims to facilitate professional Dermatology advice. It is designed to support, not replace, the relationship between you and your medical or other health care providers(s).
15. You should make sure that you carefully read the Consulting Practitioner Report, Patch Testing advice, User Information, product packaging and labels prior to use. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem other than the skin condition you are seeking treatment for, you should consult your healthcare provider/practitioner. Please consult a Doctor before taking any new product, particularly if you are already under medical care.
16. Dr. Derma applications are received by the Dermatologist directly. The monitoring of the application and responses sent by you may be hours or days apart.
17. The detailed Report will be available on the Dr. Derma application within 72 hours after the submission of the Dr. Derma application form. The Dermatologist will not be responsible for any issues caused by delays in communications.
18. By submitting this Dr. Derma application form you declare that the information is true to the best of your knowledge and you understand that failure to declare all medical history may result in failure of treatment and increased risk of possible complications.
19. If any of these terms are held to be invalid or unenforceable then the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
MedSphere Investment (Pty) Ltd.